Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Coin Door Lights !

Bribed my brother to come over and solder some wires to the coin door lights. Its amazing what two pints of beer can do !

We used the tutorial as described here -

http://www.retroblast.com/articles/coindoor.html

Worked exactly as they said. Theres even a video to watch how they did it !

My brother (Howard) said last night that I'd never mentioned him - I have now ! He also wired up the VGA-SCART cable which basically turns your TV into an arcade monitor. The picture quality is superb - theres no "bleeding" of colours. One example is the edge of the maze in Pengo. Before I was using a TV-OUT socket on my Nvidia card going into a SCART adaptor. The maze edges were very blurry and the shape was all stretched. With this new cable (and an ATI card) the maze edge is perfect.

His next job is to make another VGA-SCART Cable but with an extra cable coming off it attached to some circuit with an RF socket attached. This is for the lightguns I mentioned in a n earlier post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home