Thursday, August 04, 2005

First piccy up !


This is going to be out of date order as I'm at work and all the photos are on the home machine. But I'm too impatient to wait till I get some time at home to post so heres the latest mini project - designing a new Control Panel Overlay (CPO). The existing CP is pretty basic and originally had a perspex cover. This shattered when I added the holes for the spinner and two mouse buttons. It was one of those times when I was rushing the job and didn't bother to take the necessary precautions - clamping the sheet down and drilling through a sandwhich of wood and perspex. After a few weeks without the perspex cover I decided to design a proper CPO which would be printed and laminated. After much searching and sketching I finally came up with a design loosly based on the Defender theme that the marquee is based on. One quick lesson in Adobe Illustrator later and I came up with the piccy posted here (Note this is a jpeg export of the .ai file which is much more detailed) . Not bad for one weeks work using software I'd never seen never mind used before !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home