Thursday, June 21, 2007

Introducing MaLa

I've been nusing the MAMEWah frontend for a couple of years now. Its great - seems to work with all the emulators I want. But, theres a few issues :

  • my installation is a bit messed up and any changes seem to break it
  • MW hasn't been updated in a long while
  • MW doesn't directly support the LedWiz so have to rely on 3rd party software
The LedWiz "addons" I've been using are okay but theres a 30 second pause from exiting a game and going back to MW - which is too long.

So I started looking around and found a fair few posts from people on BYOAC singing the praises of MaLA.

So to cut a long story short - MaLA is ace ! All the functionality of MW but with built in support of the LedWiz (via a plugin). The buttons for each game light up as you scroll through the list, you can light buttons for a specific game or emulator - so I get lit buttons on Daphne games (game specific) and also on Megadrive and SNES games (emulator specific).

The attract mode animations are excellent too.

So, its goodbye to MAMEWah for now but I will continue to run WAHCade! in Linux (Balki - add LedWiz support please - ta.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home