Monday, January 30, 2006

New Lightguns !




Okay, so I've already bought the Guncon2 lightguns and got my brother to do some soldering on the vga cable to accept the composite sync. BUT, they never worked properly. Okay, so I got a couple of games of House of the Dead III up and running but there was loads of hassle calibrating, as well as never quite getting 2 player working. And MAME gun games never quite worked (due to dark areas of the screen).

So, I've ordered 2 LCD Topgun guns from playasia.com as the BYOAC forum has been buzzing with people testing them and reporting good results. These guns are different in that they have a small camera on them that somehow tracks the position (theres two infra red "sticks" that attach to the side of the screen) so it doesn't matter what kind og screen/graphics card/cable you use.

I'll post more when they arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home