Friday, October 14, 2005

Tournament Nite 7

Balki Wins !

Maybe it was because I was playing away from home. Or maybe it was because Balki's control panel was on the floor, or maybe it was because I'm sh*t .... but my reign as MAME Master has finally ended. In what was the worst defeat in history, Balki romped home with the final game to spare - the first time this has ever happened. I let you down, I let myself down. Is this time to consider retirement ?

Nope.

We started off with Centipede. Now my hiscore is way more than Balki's but something happened to my gameplay and too many silly mistakes led to me losing the first game. Then the second. 2-0 to Balki.

Next up was Nitro Ball. A kind of walking/shooting game based on pinball. Both Balki and myself recorded personal bests but Balki managed to pull one out of the bag and defeat me. 4-1 Balki.

Rainbow Islands. Don't ever mention this game to me again. 6-2 Balki.

Last up was Phozon. Having already awarded the trophy to Balki, this game was cut short after I threw the towel in. 7-2 Balki.

I definately think that playing on your own machine helps. Well, thats my excuse anyway !



PL1

Balki

PL2

Buks

Centipede

1

1


0

0


Nitro Ball

1

0

1

0

1

0

Rainbow Islands

1

0

1

0

1

0

Phozon

1

n/a


0

n/a


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home