Monday, January 30, 2006

Next Tourney games

the following games have been chosen for the next tourney night (9 not including the PES5 nite) :

  • Frogger
  • Cosmic Cop
  • Zaxxon
  • Monster Farm Jump
A couple of classics there plus 2 modern games. I remember playing Frogger to death on my Spectrum but never played it in the arcades (bored of it I think). Zaxxon was one of those games that the "big kids" used to play. I used to just watch in awe ! I remember the first time I saw Zaxxon in the arcade i thought it was almost realistic graphics (!). Cosmic Cop is an R-Type type game. Plays a good game but I'm pretty crap at sideways shooters (probably why Balki chose it). And finally, Monster Farm Jump - this one is a hidden gem if you ask me. I "discovered" it by clicking on the Random link on the maws site (www.mameworld.net/maws/). It reminds me of an old spectrum game called Bounder (or was it Bouncer ?). anyway, its a typical overly cute, completely mad Japanese game.

Practice sessions are taking place as we speak 9okay not while we're at work) so should be a good 'un.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home